Many thanks to everyone who ordered the collaboration with Saori Yuki CD, especially for their patience during multiple factory delays! The CD is finally in stock and ready for shipping!
Widely considered to be the “Barbara Streisand of Japan”, Saori
Yuki released her debut album in Japan in 1969 and has gone on to make
over 30 albums in her 42 year-career. Yuki discovered Pink Martini after the
band covered her song “Taya Tan” for their 2007 album Hey Eugene! Most
recently, Yuki sang a verse of “White Christmas” in Japanese for the band’s
hit 2010 holiday album Joy To The World.
In honor of the year of her debut release, Saori Yuki partnered with Pink
Martini and producer Thomas M. Lauderdale to create a loving tribute to
the music released in 1969. Featuring Japanese pop hits alongside
internationally recognized tunes like Jorge Ben's "Mas que nada" and "Puff
the Magic Dragon", "1969" is a brilliant collaboration, with Thomas M.
Lauderdale's magical arrangements, Pink Martini's stellar musicianship,
and Saori Yuki's soaring vocals.
01. Yuuzuki (Evening Moon)
02. Mayonaka no Bossa Nova (Midnight Bossa Nova)
03. Du soleil plein les yeux (Eyes Full Of Sun)
04. Puff, The Magic Dragon
05. Ii janaino Shiawase naraba (It’s Okay If I’m Happy)
06. Blue Light Yokohama
07. Yoake no Scat (Melody For A New Dawn)
08. Mas Que Nada
09. Is That All There Is?
10. Watashi mo Anata to Naite Ii? (Consolation)
11. Wasuretainoni (I Want To Forget You, But...)
12. Kisetsu no Ashioto (Footsteps Of The Seasons)