We had a wonderful time performing at the Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall this weekend with The Oregon Symphony, The von Trapps, Charmian Carr, and many more guests! The crowds were electric all three nights and we couldn’t have been luckier to perform with such amazing musicians. Here are a few behind-the-scenes photos from the weekend:
We had a great time celebrating Pioneer Courthouse Square‘s 30th birthday yesterday with “Singin’ in the Square”! The event drew thousands of Portlanders to the Square to sing along with us and The von Trapps, members of the PHAME Academy, the Pacific Youth Choir, the Portland Gay Men’s Chorus, Portland Mayor Charlie Hales, and more. Here are a few photos and a quick video of the afternoon. Enjoy!
Today is the first official day of our Dream a Little Dream Photo Scavenger Hunt! Here’s the list of nine Dream a Little Dream-inspired items you need to find in order to win:
- A pale pink coat
- An ice cream cone
- A ukulele
- A bust of Brahms/Brahms look-alike
- A goat
- A black cat
And in case you missed the rules when we first announced the contest, you can find them here.
Good luck, friends! We can’t wait to see your photos!
We’re excited to announce our Dream a Little Dream Photo Scavenger Hunt! Here’s how it works:
1) Visit our Facebook page on Friday, April 4th, to find the list of nine Dream a Little Dream-inspired items to seek out. Copy this list to your computer, jot it down in a notebook, or write it on the back of your hand — just don’t lose it!
2) Once you’ve got the list, grab your camera, hit the pavement, and comb your neighborhood! Capture the most interesting photo you can of each object, because our favorite sets of photos will be finalists for a grand prize! Don’t forget that this is also a race against time; the first person to send in all nine photos also wins a grand prize!
3) Once you’re satisfied with your collection of nine photos, email the images to email@example.com with the subject line “Scavenger Hunt Photos”. The deadline for submissions is Friday, May 2.
4) All photos submitted must be original photos shot by you personally! If you use images you find online you will be disqualified from the contest. Read More…
The Pioneer Courthouse Square turns 30 years old this Sunday, and we’re celebrating with another great community sing-a-long!
Join us at the Square (701 SW 6th Ave, Portland) on Sunday, April 6th, from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM for the second annual Singin’ in the Square, featuring the entire Pink Martini ensemble, the fantastic von Trapps, the Pacific Youth Choir, 1,984 free cupcakes, and complimentary songbooks including 40 songs and music selected by Thomas himself!
Our very own China Forbes will be performing at The Aladdin Theater on Friday, April 4th, as part of Wesley Stace’s Cabinet of Wonders: Benefit for the Children’s Cancer Association MyMusicRx Program!
The second annual Cabinet of Wonders benefit will feature China alongside such other talented musicians and performers as Colin Meloy, Jim James (of My Morning Jacket), Ural Thomas & The Pain, Amy Miller, Laura Veirs, and many more. Tickets start at $50.00 and benefit MyMusicRx, the only “kid-prescribed” hospital bedside music program in the nation. Learn more at MyMusicRx.org. Get your tickets for the benefit show here.